Friday, December 17, 2010



Question by taeler: How to connect wired internet to a skytex 7 laptop?

I just got this skytex laptop for my 15 birthday and I wanted to hook it up to my wired internet. I plugged the cable into into it and nothing happened. My computer wouldn't connect to the internet. The thing that doesn't makes sense to my is tha t my dad's laptop still will connect to the internet using the same internet. Please help its ruining my birthday that I cant use my new present.




Best answer:

Answer by nikkai
When you put the network cable into your laptop it should bring up (found new hardware) then it will install the drivers then it would need to be rebooted.
So all fine so far now that your running again select *connect to a network* from the start menu
this will bri ng up a box where you select the modem (the one you have connected)
then it will ask for a wep key (or other security code format)
enter the code and then it will connect to the net via that modem
The wep key will be from the settings in the modem (router)





Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment